***Canada Summer Jobs Application Now Available*** Dec. 19, 2017 – Feb. 2, 2018
Linking job seekers with employment opportunities, and employers with the right candidate
ontrac Employment Resource Services has been working within the Smiths Falls community since 2002. Our program, funded by the provincial government’s Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU) and offered in conjunction with Employment Ontario, offers a range of free support services to address the employment needs of individuals, as well as the needs of the skilled labour market.
We are pleased to offer new services aimed at assisting local employers with their hiring needs. We can help you attract and recruit employers with the skills you need – from posting employment opportunities, helping to identify human resource skill requirements, and matching position and workplace requirements to a participant’s skills, capabilities, interests and experience.
Reduce your costs and connect with candidates, whose expertise and experience would benefit your organization. Free services include…
- Opportunity to advertise on our job board and through our Employment Specialist (lowering advertising costs)
- Assistance with candidate selection through job/skill matching whereby reducing your time spent reviewing resumes and interviewing prospective employees
- Delivery of workshops/training depending on identified needs
- Referrals/information on community resources in support of your business related needs
- Assistance with identifying skills and experience required for the workplace
- Information on Apprenticeships and access to hiring initiatives
- Access to available Ministry programs and services, based on eligibility
Financial incentives may be available to employers who work with our services and offer our clients experience/employment opportunities. To support on-the-job training for clients’, eligible employers can benefit from a potential training incentive that will minimize the costs of hiring and training a new employee. Employers can use these subsidized placements to assess an employee’s skill level and ability to contribute to the organizations’ overall success.
If you are interested in learning more about programs/services, eligibility requirements or to become an ontrac Employment Resource Services employer partner, please contact our Job Developer, Joanne Watson at 613-283-6978 or fill in the form below and she will contact you directly.