Canada Ontario Job Grant
Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. Important to know:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs
- Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports, the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution
If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please contact ontrac directly and ask to speak with:
Arnprior: 613-623-4680 – Jennifer Armstrong
Renfrew: 613-432-3424 – Sherri Harris
Smiths Falls: 613-283-6978 – Joanne Watson
Alternately, you may contact the Employment Ontario Contact Centre toll-free (no charge):
Helpful link: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/
For more information please contact ontrac today!
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada
Job Grant Programs delivered by the government of Ontario.