Canton’s Mindful Gardens. is hiring to fill full-time Landscape Construction Lead Hand and Landscape Labourer position(s) for the 2023 season.
Canton’s Mindful Gardens Offers
• Opportunities to grow and advance your career.
• Professional development and training.
• Apprenticeship opportunities.
• Excellent team environment with supportive management.
• 45-50 hours per week. April to November.
• Health Spending Account.
• Opportunity to participate in the Supplemental Unemployment Program (SUB Program).
• 5 x Staff Barbeques.
• Have 3+ years of landscape construction experience for the Lead Hand position.
• Ability to communicate politely, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and suppliers/partners.
• Excellent skills in grading (laser level experience), excavation, landscape mathematics/calculations, site. Management (safety and operations), reading, and interpreting landscape design plans.
• Enjoy working outdoors in all weather
• Attention to detail and quality conscious.
• Be physically strong (lift min. 50 lbs) and a quick learner
• Class G license with a clean abstract and independent transportation
• Knowledge of landscape products, power and hand tools, and installation techniques
• Skid steer, excavator, tractor, and or other heavy equipment/tools experience.
• Quality conscious.
• Install residential hardscapes to CNLA standards
• Demonstrate leadership skills required to run the worksite efficiently
• Prioritize Workplace Safety
• Manage/organize job sites: crew, safety, equipment and materials
• Communicate with management on job status, budgets, change orders
• Supervision and growth management of crew members, including training
• Use of skid steer, mini-excavators, stone saws, plate compactor, and other hand and power tools as trained or certified
• Daily submission of timesheets and job-related documentation including receipts, work orders, and change orders
• Participate in the the building of company culture that is compassionate, respectful, inclusive, and motivated to provide the highest level of service and quality to internal and external clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19 - $29 per hour