Canton’s Mindful Gardens. is hiring to fill full-time Landscape Maintenance Lead Hand and Labourer position(s) for the 2023 season.
Canton’s Mindful Gardens Offers
• Opportunities to grow and advance your career.
• Professional development and training.
• Excellent team environment with supportive management.
• 45-50 hours per week. April to December.
• Health Savings Account.
• Opportunity to participate in the Supplemental Unemployment Program (SUB Program).
• 5 x Staff Barbeques.
• Have 3+ years of landscape maintenance experience.
• Ability to communicate politely, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and suppliers/partners.
• Excellent skills and experience in all aspects of seasonal garden maintenance, softscape installations and lawn maintenance:
o Weeding, cultivating, edging
o Pruning, deadheading
• Perennials, annuals, shrubs, trees, bulbs.
o Soil amending, mulching, spring and fall cleanups.
o Enjoy working outdoors in all weather.
o Weekly lawn cutting and trimming.
o Attention to detail and quality conscious.
o Be physically strong (lift min. 50 lbs) and a quick learner.
o Class G license with a clean abstract and independent transportation
o Knowledge of landscape products, power and hand tools, and installation techniques.
o Quality conscious.
• Maintain residential and commercial properties to CNLA standards
• Demonstrate leadership skills required to run the worksite efficiently
• Prioritize Workplace Safety
• Manage/organize job sites: crew, safety, equipment and materials
• Communicate with management on job status, change orders
• Supervision of crew members, including training
• Daily submission of timesheets and job-related documentation including receipts, work orders, and change orders
• Participate in the the building of company culture that is compassionate, respectful, inclusive, and motivated to provide the highest level of service and quality to internal and external clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19 - $25 per hour